Sunday, November 30, 2008

Good to be Home.























Its so good to be home again.  I am not very good about being away from my  'nest' or my other half and my babies (fury ones of course!).  I left home last Friday on my way to the Vintage Fair with my little car stuffed to bursting with work and display bits, I am always surprised at what, with a little lateral thinking, I can pack into my hatchback, its a sort of tardis on wheels really. 
The fair was a joy to be at and I thank everyone there who made it such a great venue, such a lovely atmosphere, super people and of course CAKE which I am sure we all enjoyed!
Well after that I had to drive back home unpack the car and repack it with work I was returning to artists in Shropshire that had supplied my gallery. Then I had to drive back up the M5 to the welsh borders and stay with my mum, very luckily for me the first artists I visited offered to redistribute most of the work I had for me so that saved a lot of driving around.  Then I stayed a couple of nights with my brother in Devon so we could visit Ikea, why don't they open one down here??? I got home Friday morning in time to take Midge to the vet as she needs regular check ups because of her medication.

Then on Saturday THE DRESSER arrived. this was the one I coveted in Lostwithiel. I ended up swapping a few of my antique toy horses and a bit of money for it.  I spent all this morning 'playing' arranging some of my china collection on it. Its nice to have somewhere I can put a few of my Maureen Minchin pieces on as you dont really look into a bowl on a table and thats where all the beauty of them is.  My little box I got from Michele (Cowboys and Custard) looks sweet on it too.















I spent this afternoon with my friend Sara, we went to 'Present heaven at number 11'  a house in Penzance where Emily opens her house to the public to view and buy her work alongside other crafts people and artists  It is a great pre christmas treat and gets you more in the mood for the festive season, I love doing as many before christmas things as I can that feeling of Christmas is more enjoyable than the day which goes so quick.  We also planed our jigsaw days and hope to get at least two in in the next few weeks.  Got the jug of lemonade on ice Sara!























Here is a festive fairy with her cat that I might use as my christmas card this year, there will be prints of this on my etsy shop.

I liked Michele's idea of a christmas bazaar on her blog and if any of you show an interest I will do the same thing??

7 comments:

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

Hi Jane
I didn't realise when you set off in your loaded car that you had such a long journey home!!
I am rather taken with that beautiful dresser and all the contents..
Love my little house frame from our swap.. it is on the wall next to my bed.. perfect home for it!
Look forward to seeing your bazaar open for business!

Michele x

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane,

Thanks for a lovley trip out to 'Present Heaven' in Penzance, and our quick dash round the car boot where I liberated Fred from a life of dispair! Looking forward to our puzzle days, I'll bring the Cake!

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Wow sounds busy. Loving that dresser by the way. I am agog at all of the lovelies on it.

Country Cottage Chic said...

I love the new dresser & everything on it looks perfect! I think a Christmas Bazaar at this time of year is just what people need for spotting lovely new things to buy without leaving the comfort of our chairs!

A time to dance said...

Hi Jane...I love your dresser...it looks lovely...what a great idea to do a bit of a swap..I also like your idea of a sale..they did one on a blog in the states the other weekend..people with things to sell signed up and then on a certain weekend the links were on this lovely blog and you could go virtual shopping together...I hope you might be putting some of your goodies on sale...thinking of my little one....Oh and we love the new sign for the blog!

BusyLizzie said...

Hi Jane
Love the dresser, it is always good to get home! I have left a comment on your previous post re the dolls dresses. Was it the little checked one you liked?
Lizzie x

Redwoodhouse said...

wow you sound busy, love your dresser I wish my Mr. would let me paint ours...it is amazing what you can pack into a car when needs must..
keep warm..
Jan