Friday, May 15, 2009

Best mail of the week.























After a week of just getting horrible bills in the post, this morning I got two lovely surprises.  A lovely long letter from a dear friend I have not heard from in a while and a delightful little package from my blogging friend Helen of Cocoa and blankets!  Thank you so much Helen and Polly, it really was a thrill to get your beautiful gift and sweet card.  Helen makes these hearts, arent they lovely?   























I had just the place to hang the heart on the dresser in the kitchen, its just right.
















Boris looked on in a dissaproving manor as instead of talking to him I was trying the heart out in different places and now he is hassling me cos I have the computer on my lap instead of him!






















This little fellow has been driving us mad the last couple of weeks.  Last year we had a blue tit nest in a hole in the wall above our kitchen window and Im sure this is the same bird that cant remember where his nest was so he has been going round banging on all the windows trying to find where his nest was!  Its been like having constant morse code messages tapping out all day from just before 5 in the morning till dusk.  You'd think he'd have a headache by now!  We had to put a chicken wire 'shelf' under the hole last year as the babies kept jumping out, not a good idea with two cats sitting with their mouths open underneath.  This is one of the babies, look how tiny it was on my finger it was like holding a little fairy thing.






















Have a lovely weekend.

12 comments:

Funkymonkey said...

Such lovely pictures of the blue tit. I can imagine cats just waiting for them to fall out of their nest. A few years ago I found a baby robin on the ground, about to be pounced on. I picked him up and put him in a garden ornament on our wall. It was great fun watching his parents coming to feed him from our kitchen window. I presume he was o.k.He disappeared after about a week but we found no evidence of bird homicide around!

Tracey

Diane said...

The heart looks beautiful and how sweet are baby birds. I love when they nest in my garden.

Country Cottage Chic said...

It's always fun to get a nice package in the post. Poor little bird! We have had a family of starlings nesting under the eaves of our utility room for 3 years in a row - they are very good but haraased parents flying in & out all day with tasty treats. The ungrateful babies shout all day for them to hurry up cos they are starving. So far they have escaped the cats clutches as they are getting old & lazy!

Helen Charlton said...

Oooooh I have a cat called Boris as well, but he is black and white and fluffy, so no relation!!!

A time to dance said...

I can't believe you held a little blue tit...how wonderful....I am so glad you liked the little heart..just a bit of love from Yorkshire....it looks fab on your dresser...got to make some more now...love H

Lyn said...

Excellent post-I had a picture in my mind of the cats waiting patiently under the nest and also the bird with a puzzled look and stars going round his little head!
Love
Lyn
xxx

Teena Vallerine said...

Oh those pesky birds! I have tits nesting in the roof cavity above the workroom. I think it's because they like listening to my audio books! the starlings in the eaves of our bedroom are the really noisy crew! Wild parties at 4am! t.x

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

I just was just emailing a friend about this very thing. I love mail. I know that we are so use to the email thing and now face book and twitter, but there is something about receiving a package in the mail, a card or hand written letter. It's just magic!!! Please email me when you get a chance with your request my friend. Oohlaladesignstudio@gmail.com We can talk more then. Looking forward to helping!!

Carolee said...

What a wonderful photo of the baby bird! We had a robin here last week trying to do the same thing. The cats kept watching the window and meowing, as if to say "Let him IN!" :)

~ Carolee

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Love the heart!!! LOL about Boris...he does look a bit miffed at the whole thing.

That little birdie is precious. Look at his little beak. Too cute.

Hugs to Midge and give her a gentle squeeze from all of us here in California.

xx

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Oh so many, many wonderful goodies!! The Cat is beautiful! Hope that you and Ian are doing well and that the illustration worked for him. We are all trying to figure out how we can get Tomas , (the chef of the future) to send us all a piece of that yummy cake hee hee hee! He did a wonderful job. As soon as I get a chance I'm going to post a recipe on the shrimp and grits so you can try them. Sounds so tasty! It was so good to hear from! Sending you many hugs and kisses!

Linda Jo said...

Cutest baby bird picture!!!!