Saturday, April 10, 2010

Country Living Photo Shoot

I have had a very exciting time since I last blogged. We had the Homespun Fair on Monday, we all had a great day and it was so nice to see everyone again. This time I did manage to get around and have a bit of a chat with most of you and I also had the lovely surprise of Michele from Cowboys and Custard turning up to support the fair even though she could not take part, very much appreciated Michele and Claire from Daisy Darling came by too. You can have a look at the goings on over on the Homespun Blog.
Well I did not even have time to recover from the fair before on Wednesday we had a photographer from Country Living come and take the photos for a forthcoming article in the magazine. It is to be about Me, Christine, Gertie and Angela and how we make things out of vintage fabrics and stuff and meet and have tea so we can chat about work and swap some bits with each other. It was all good fun and Brent, the photographer was lovely and made it all so relaxed and natural we sort of forgot he was there a lot of the time.

Here we are having tea in our kitchen, we always have plenty of cake to choose from.

We were not allowed to eat straight away and had to wait while Brent set up some shots, the smell of chocolate cake wafting around the room was tantalising to say the least! Once replete, no I should say stuffed, with tea and cake Brent set up outside for some shots of us lot together.

Lovely Brent setting up on the front lawn.

While we took a break in the sun.

All together tying to look like it was a cold winter day when it was really warm and we were all glowing in our coats! Boris and Midge make an appearance.

Then back into my new studio for some close up shots of our work. A week ago this was an empty room, I have been backwards and forwards from the house moving stuff over there. I must have walked miles with boxes and baskets and there is still stuff to move. I am very happy with how it is shaping up its a lovely big space and very tranquil and calm. I cannot wait to get on with some work out there. I have only gone and sat out there gloating so far, I hope to finish off a painting next week.
We all had loads of stuff on the table which made a colourful display, loads of textiles, lovely bags of Gerties, hand stitched quilts by Angela, fabrics and handmade jewellery by Christine and some textiles by me. We sat around working, chatting and laughing mainly about men, Brent snapped away and has promised not to publish any of our conversation! It was a great day full of vintagy things, laughter and above all warm friendships which we hope will come across in the article. Look out for it in January or February edition 2011.

24 comments:

noelle said...

oh wow, Country Living, my fave magazine, how exciting. Looks fab. Glad it all went well at the fair! x x x

Tinyholder said...

Crkey, you have an amazing house! :-)

MelMel said...

How great!
It all looks jolly goood fun!
I love CL, so I'll be sure to get that...xxx

BusyLizzie said...

that looks great, love the new studio! Thanks again for a fab fair on Monday! Lizzie xxx

Annie said...

This sounds so exciting, I can't wait to read it and see the photos. Your house and garden are really pretty and your workshop is wonderful. It must be great to have a light and airy space like that to work in away from all the everyday clutter.
Ann x

salty pebble said...

Such a beautiful sight your fairytale home! wowza i love the new studio!! and seeing all your art work and textiles around how beautiful!!!! ;0)x
cant wait til 2011...didnt realise you hav eto wait so long- learn something new every day ;0)...hope your enjoying the lovely sun- Devon seems heavenly the past few days ;0)x

Country Style Living said...

How exciting! It all looks wonderful...I shall look out for you all.

ted and bunny said...

All looks so fab- 'specially the cakes!
x

Country Cottage Chic said...

Looks like great fun Jane & your new studio is envy-making!!

Jayne

Autumn Mist said...

Goodness, you have been busy. Your workshop looks fantastic, I'd love to come and look through everything. I will look out for the magazine, but plese remind us nearer the time.

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

Well done Jane - your new space is lovely too. Glad that the second Homespun Fair went well. The chocolate cake looks absolutely delicious - waiting to eat a slice must have been absolute torture! Best wishes, Lesley

Katie said...

That's so exciting! How wonderful to be in Country Living...now my subscription seems all the more worthwhile as the issue you're in will pop through my letterbox! Can't wait to see it. Katie x

Anonymous said...

Hi, Cant wait to see the article next Feb, very exciting. The studio looks fab too, how did all that stuff fit in your old room!? Please can I visit soon to have a nose? See you soon, Sara xx

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

Hello Jane...
How lovely it was to see so many friendly faces last Monday at the Homespun Fair. It was quite difficult being a visitor and not taking part this time but can't wait till August and being part of the fun of the fair.
I will reserve my copy of CL magazine now.. and in the meantime just drool over the photos of your 'golden' home.
Love
Michele xx

Clare Wassermann said...

I have really enjoyed your blog...thanks ...look forward to your article. Isn't this lady from Sea Garden in Portscatho - I'm sure it is?? I live in the Midlands but holiday there every year. She had an article in CL years ago....

hens teeth said...

Jane ... thank you again for a great day on Monday.
It is truly lovely to see your beautiful home and studio.
Congratulations on the CL article...you are all so talented and I am really looking forward to January's issue. x

Flower Girl said...

Wow, I love your studio - it looks amazing! How exciting to be in Country Living magazine too - I am so looking forward to reading the article when it comes out early next year! Rebecca x

kirsty said...

Oh, now I have studio envy! I can't believe that space, it's amazing. V exciting about the magazine - such a long time to wait for it though! Thanks for last Monday, I really enjoyed it - and looking forward to the next one!

Samantha said...

What a wonderful house and studio you have!

You must be so excited!

Funkymonkey said...

I shall look forward to that copy of CL landing on the doormat. Such a shame it's a long way off.

Tracey

A time to dance said...

I cant tell you how delighted I am for you Jane...Country living wow wow wow! your studio looks amazing...so different to when we saw it in october...I notice there arent many pics of you !!! I dont think I managed to get one either! I am so pleased for you...Lets hope it brings lots and lots of business. Sorry I havent been in touch ...but feeling better...

Helen said...

Congratulations, can't wait to read the article Counrty Living is my favorite. . . I have met Brent, he came to photograph my house for a magazine article too, he's lovely eh? The pictures he took on the day here, were amazing!
Love Helen x

Anonymous said...

delicious! Cant wait to see the feature! When is it out?
xx Sadie at Flea Market Chic xx

Jess said...

Lovely pictures and those cakes! How brave you were to wait while they were photographed. Could I ask, which one is you in the picture? I'll be sure to look out for the article - how exciting!xx